Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday, y'all! Sorry it's a day late.

As I look out my window....
I see rain! It started raining last night and has continued with a nice steady rain. I don't mind since we need it. I only wish we would have had this rain when we put the garden in. Our garden this year has done horribly. No beans, no cucumbers.....the list goes on. Hopefully we get a good fall crop.

Right now I am....
Sitting on the couch drinking my morning cup of coffee. Maddie, our black lab, is circle up on the couch next to me. Yup, we allow our pets on the furniture. 


The cats are chasing each other down the hall. They are usually filled with lots of energy on the mornings. Lego Man is wrapped up in a blanket watching some morning cartoons, while Princess P is still sleeping.


Thinking and Pondering....
My mind has been filled with lots of thoughts lately. Our co-op, our homeschooling lessons, my lessons for CCD, purging the house, cleaning the house, etc. More importantly I have been thinking about the world we live in. It scares me the way the world is. There is so much pain and sadness in this world. It makes you want to lock the doors, close up the curtains and hide inside your home. I pray everyday for the thousands of Christians being tortured and killed, especially the children. When I think of families being slaughtered Mother Teresa's quote always pops in my mind.




Listening to....
Oldies and Goodies! I am still listening to the Cd's I got from my grandfather after he passed. He had a few Cd's of music from the 1940's! 
I love the music from that time period.

Reading.....
Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax, M.D. The book talks about factors that are causing our boys to be unmotivated and underachievers.



and St. Rita of Cascia by Rev. Father Joseph Sicardo



She is the patron saint my grandmother was named after.


What's on the dinner menu......
Sunday-Grilled Steak and Zucchini
Monday- Hamburgers, Homemade mac n cheese, Green beans
Tuesday- Grilled Italian Chicken, Leftover Mac n Cheese, Salad
Wednesday- Dinner out with In-laws
Thursday- Asian Lettuce Wraps with Rice
Friday- Pasta or Gnocchi?
Saturday- ?

On my to do list this week.....Too Much
Finishing cleaning out the house
Finishing deep cleaning the house 
Organize school room 
Finish lesson plans for my kiddos-  #1 priority since school starts next week for us
Call my priest to set a small homeschool group in my parish
Get CCD plans reorganized and start room decorations
Visit with in-laws that are coming from out of town
Laundry
Finish Alphabet books for our homeschool co-op
Start art projects for co-op

What I am creating this week.....
I really want to start sewing the dress I cut out 2 weeks ago. I am hoping I will get to it by Friday!

Looking around the house......
The school room and the bathrooms need attention. After they are done, we are good! Well except for the outside. Maybe we'll work on that next week. 

My prayers for this week.....
My prayers are for us as a nation and for all Christians that are being persecuted for their faith.





Captured.....


Summer time fun in the pool.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram